About Me

My photo
Moultrie, Georgia, United States
I started this blog to help vent my frustrations after my firstborn child, Jonah Bentley Willis was delivered stillborn. I now have another child in Heaven, Harper Bailey Willis. Harper was delivered at 21 weeks and he was much too small to survive. This is the story of how Jonah and Harper shaped my life and how they always will.

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My 27th Birthday

This time last year, I was sad but I was hopeful. I had just told my family that I was pregnant with another little boy, Mr. Harper Bailey Willis. This time last year, I was scared. Scared that Harper would not make it home either. Scared that Harper would take up too much of my heart and somehow shove Jonah and his memory to the side, as ridiculous as that sounds. 

This year, I am sad and not quite as hopeful. I'm beginning to wonder if a child here on Earth is in the cards for me. I'm beginning to get scared about who I am and who I will become if none of this IVF stuff works. 

This year, on my 27 birthday, I am painfully aware that I should've had a sweet baby boy in my arms by now, twice over by now...painfully aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment